Visitors to Lamar cannot miss gazing at the beautiful view of the bay. Surely a tall cross with the image of the Mother Thrice Admirable will also catch the eye. This cross was set up by the Schoenstatt Young Men, the boys’ youth many years ago. Their young hearts burned with zeal to carry the cross of Christ bravely and to conquer many hearts for Mary, their Queen, just like the young men of Schoenstatt’s founding generation who sealed the covenant of love with Mary in the original Schoenstatt Shrine together with Father Kentenich on October 18, 1914.
Still today, after the annual boys’ walk, the participants pay a visit to this memorial. Interested in knowing more about the boys walk? Check out the link below!